Disney Cruise Line has made some changes to its vaccination requirements.
Beginning September 2, 2022, for sailings departing US and Canadian ports, Disney Cruise Line will require Guests ages 12 and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of sailing, as defined by the CDC. In consideration of CDC guidance, Disney Cruise Line highly recommends that Guests ages 11 and younger be fully vaccinated before sailing.
In consideration of guidance from the CDC and the World Health Organization, Disney Cruise Line accepts the following vaccine types for Guests ages 5 and older: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Novavax, Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV (VeroCell), Sinovac-CoronaVac and Covavaxin (Bharat Biotech).
For Guests ages 5 and older, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines fully vaccinated as 14 days after receiving one of the following:
- A single dose of an accepted 1-dose vaccine.
- The second dose of an accepted 2-dose vaccine.
- The full series of an active (not placebo) COVID-19 vaccine in the US-based AstraZeneca or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trials.
- The second dose of any “mix and match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines (administered at least 17 days apart).
Disney Cruise Line accepts Pfizer and Moderna for Guests ages 4 and younger; Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV, VeroCell) for Guests ages 3 through 4 years of age; and Sinovac (CoronaVac) for Guests ages 6 months through 3 years.
For Guests ages 4 and younger, the CDC defines fully vaccinated as receiving one of the following:
- 3 doses of Pfizer: the second dose administered 21 days after the first; and the third dose administered 56 days after the second.
- 2 doses of Moderna: the second dose administered one month after the first.
- 2 doses of Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV (VeroCell): the second dose administered 21 to 28 days after the first.
- 2 doses of Sinovac-CoronaVac: the second dose administered 14 to 28 days after the first.
COVID-19 Testing for Guests Not Fully Vaccinated: Guests (under 11 years) who are not fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date.
In addition to uploading COVID-19 test results into Safe Passage by midnight before boarding, Guests who are not fully vaccinated are required to complete a COVID-19 test at the terminal before boarding on embarkation day (paid for by Disney Cruise Line).
Face Coverings: Face coverings are optional for most Guests throughout our ships. Guests ages 4 and younger are required to wear face coverings in Youth Activity spaces and in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique; and, while not required, we continue to strongly recommend these Guests wear a face covering in all other indoor locations. In the US, face coverings are optional on motorcoach transportation and in the Disney Cruise Line Terminal but may be required in ports of call and cruise terminals outside of the US, based on local government requirements.
Disney has not gone as far as some other cruise lines with dropping testing and allowing more unvaccinated guests.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning, that if you make a purchase through my links, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support of this site.