The Disney Fantasy cruise on September 9, 2023, has changed its itinerary due to Tropical Storm Lee. Disney sent out letters to the affected passengers.
We have been closely monitoring Tropical Storm Lee, which is currently moving through the Atlantic Ocean and is predicted to become a hurricane later this week. Based on the storm’s current forecast track, Bermuda and the seas around Bermuda will be potentially impacted over the next week and a half, making it unsuitable for cruise travel. As a result, we have made modifications to the itinerary that bypass Bermuda, but adds Cozumel, Mexico, and George Town, Grand Cayman, as well as a second visit to Castaway Cay.
The revised itinerary is below:
- Saturday, September 9, Port Canaveral, Florida
- Sunday, September 10: Day at Sea
- Monday, September 11, Cozumel, Mexico (previously Day at Sea)
- Tuesday, September 12, George Town, Grand Cayman (previously Bermuda)
- Wednesday, September 13, Day at Sea (previously Bermuda)
- Thursday, September 14, Disney Castaway Cay (previously Day at Sea)
- Friday, September 15, Disney Castaway Cay
- Saturday, September 16, Nassau, The Bahamas
- Sunday, September 17, Port Canaveral, Florida
To show our appreciation, we will be providing an onboard credit of up to $200 for each stateroom to use during this sailing. This credit will automatically appear on the stateroom account and can be used onboard towards the purchase of shipboard services, merchandise, food and beverages, or Port Adventures.
Additionally, each reservation will receive a 20% discount* on a future cruise reservation taken prior to September 9, 2025.
Last night, the guests on the current sailing were informed that the Disney Fantasy had a technical challenge and they would miss their stop at Castaway Cay. Guests received $250 OBC and 25% off a future sailing taken before September 2, 2025.
I apologize for such a late message; however, I have some important information to share with you. Earlier this evening we experienced an engine technical challenge. This has resulted in a loss of speed. There is no cause for any concern and our safety is in no way compromised. Due to our loss of speed, we will not be able to make our call at Castaway Cay and we will proceed directly to Port Canaveral to arrive as per our original schedule. A letter detailing more information will be delivered to your stateroom overnight.
Please continue to enjoy your evening.
Thank you for your understanding.
Dear Valued Guests,
As we shared earlier, due to a technical issue with the ship’s propulsion system, the Disney Fantasy is sailing at a reduced rate of speed. Regrettably, it is necessary to adjust our itinerary and we will no longer be able to visit Castaway Cay on Friday.
We know that this is disappointing news and apologize for the modification to our itinerary. To show our appreciation for your understanding, we will be providing an onboard credit of $250 for each stateroom to use during this sailing. This credit will automatically appear on the stateroom account and can be used onboard towards the purchase of shipboard services, merchandise, food and beverages, or Port Adventures.
Additionally, each reservation will receive a 25% discount* on a future cruise taken prior to September 2, 2025.
Port fees for Castaway Cay will be refunded to your original form of payment, as well as any pre-reserved Port Adventures at Castaway Cay.
We appreciate your understanding and are dedicated to ensuring that you and your family have an enjoyable rest of your vacation onboard the Disney Fantasy.
Cast & Crew
Disney Cruise Line
* To redeem the 25% future cruise discount, please contact us at 407-566-3457 or 800-951-3532 or your travel agent after September 21, 2023, and reference your current reservation number to receive the discount on a future cruise; the future cruise must commence within 24 months of September 2, 2023. This offer is non-transferable, has no cash value, and is valid for only those Guests who are on this September 2, 2023, voyage. Future cruise discount is subiect to blackout dates and is not valid for and excludes holiday and maiden voyage sailings. Contact us or our travel agent for blackout dates and other restrictions. All reservations are subject to Disney Cruise Line terms and conditions.
Tonight, the guests sailing on September 9, 2023, received emails informing them that their cruise may have additional changes to the itinerary, and they have been offered a full refund. Disney will provide an update as soon as possible, but that may not be until guests board the ship tomorrow.
We are writing to provide additional information regarding your September 9, 2023, sailing aboard the Disney Fantasy.
Earlier this week, we communicated a necessary modification to your original itinerary as a result of potential impacts from Hurricane Lee. Yesterday evening, the Disney Fantasy experienced a technical issue with the propulsion system that is causing the ship to sail at a reduced rate of speed. There is no impact on the maneuverability of the ship, or on the safety of our Guests and Crew.
Until the ship arrives to Port Canaveral and repairs can be completed, we are uncertain if there will be additional impacts to your itinerary. We will provide you an update as soon as we can, but that may not be until after you board the ship tomorrow.
Should you have questions or wish to cancel your sailing before boarding for a full refund, please contact your travel agent.
This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning, that if you make a purchase through my links, I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support of this site.